Purpose:

I would love for my Mom's friends and family to contribute some of their stories or memories of my mom. I want to eventually turn this blog into a book for her grandkids, so they too will have something to remember her by. If you have something you would like to share, please email it to me at tieman03@gmail.com and I will add it to her stories page. My family and I appreciate everyones support, prayers, and love during this very difficult time.

I would just like to let everyone know that this blog will be here forever. If you think of a story or memory of my mom a year from now, or even two or three, please feel free to share.

Mom's Slideshow

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

From Jennie Blomquist

I was going through my emails and realized I never added this one from Jennie.

Hi Greg and Lindsey

I just wanted you to know that tomorrow 25th is the 2009 state handbell festival. We will be dedicating the day to the memory of your wonderful mother. Lori and Rusty will be ringing the opening bell in the morning. The attached will be read in the morning and perhaps again at the concert at 4 p.m. It is hard to sum up all that your mom was in just a few paragraphs but hopefully I have captured a little of her essence in what I have written. It would be a bit different if it were my personal memories and I will write those up for you too. We also plan to repeat the handbell salute in her honor. The festival is at Saguaro High School in Scottsdale 82nd St. north of McDonald Drive and backs up to Hayden Rd. if you care to attend. The concert will be short.
Lindsey, I know you feel lost right now but you have to be strong for your boys and the new baby. You know the saying "what would Jesus do"? Well, I want you to think on this, What would Cristy do? I know that she would not want you to be pining away for her but sharing all the love she gave to you over the years with your boys and Greg. Share your memories with them so you keep them alive but let the grieving process work itself out. You are a very strong young woman and your mom would want you to be every bit of that for her and your young family. She loved you all so much, I know it would hurt her to see you so sad and despondent. Remember all the good times and be happy that she is with the Lord she loved, where there is no suffering and pain. She is still with you in spirit and always will be.
Time really will heal all. I lost my dad when I was 16 so I know what you are going through.

Blessings to you all,

Jennie Blomquist

Attached Reading:
Cristy Louise Iverson Newport

Cristy was born on November 10, 1950 and went to be with the Lord on March 31, 2009. She leaves behind her daughter Lindsey, son in law Greg, 2 grandsons, with another grandchild on the way. She was devoted to all of them.

Cristy was a very special lady and a friend to all who knew her. A lifelong member of Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church in Phoenix; she was active in many areas but particularly in the music department. She had a beautiful voice to go with her beautiful personality and she was the director of Jubilate handbell choir at SOV for many years.

Cristy was a long time member of AGEHR and active in state and area leadership over the years. She hosted many guild events at SOV, served as the AZ state chair for two years and served on the board of Area 11. If there was a job that needed doing and she wasn’t working in her veterinary practice she was there, doing whatever she could to help.

Cristy was also a charter member of Campanillas del Sol community handbell. She was a creative force in the group and always had good suggestions. With her strong musical background she was sensitive to the interpretation of the music and offered her valued opinions. Both Jubilate and Campanillas will remember her “Cristyisms”. A favorite was her term “laudioso” which meant very loud. Why use fortissimo when you can use laudioso!

Cristy, you will be well remembered for all your acts of kindness and your loving personality. We will miss you greatly but we know that you are up there ringing in that heavenly bell choir and watching over all of us.

We dedicate this Arizona 2009 Spring Festival to the memory of this wonderful woman, Cristy Iverson Newport.

No comments:

Post a Comment