Purpose:

I would love for my Mom's friends and family to contribute some of their stories or memories of my mom. I want to eventually turn this blog into a book for her grandkids, so they too will have something to remember her by. If you have something you would like to share, please email it to me at tieman03@gmail.com and I will add it to her stories page. My family and I appreciate everyones support, prayers, and love during this very difficult time.

I would just like to let everyone know that this blog will be here forever. If you think of a story or memory of my mom a year from now, or even two or three, please feel free to share.

Mom's Slideshow

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Cause of Death:

We found out today from the medical examiner that my mom died from a Massive Pulmonary Thromboembolism. In English, for most of us means she had a blood clot and is considered a natural death. They said it was very quick, and she never felt any pain. However! I feel so strongly that this could have been prevented if the Dr at the Urgent Care would have paid more attention to her symptoms. It took me 5 minutes of research on the internet entering her symptoms: shortness of breath, discoloration of the lips and fingers for me to figure out what happened. With it being so obvious, why didn't they do anything for her????!!!!
I'm so mad at myself! I told her in Urgent Care, "Mom, what if you have a blood clot?" She of coarse said no. I should have insisted on taking her to the E.R so real Dr's could look at her and actually run some tests.

She should have been transferred to the mortuary late this after noon, if not, then tomorrow. I know she wanted to be cremated and I would like to start planning a service for hopefully next Saturday, the 11th. The church will be all decorated for Easter and I know my mom would love that. Please keep in mind, that I am not calling this her funeral. It will be called a Celebration of Her Life, and it will be filled with love and lots of music, just as she would have liked.

4 comments:

  1. What a great way to celebrate your moms life. I am so sorry that you are going through all this right now in your life. We love you and your family so much and we are praying for you.
    I am planning on bringing dinner over to you guys on Saturday. I'll call you sometime to tell you what time. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great idea, Linz. She would have loved this. I will mark the date of the 11th on the calendar and keep checking to make sure of the details. I will also try to find those cassett tapes I was talking to you about. Please let me know what I can do. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not anonymous, but I am not sure how else to post on this, so bear with me. My name is Lori Jamison. My contact email is LOJAM@cox.net.

    There are so many things about Cristy that I will miss. One of those things was her sense of humor. I could never really quite figure out when she would be teasing me because she did it with such a straight face!
    Once Cristy and I were coming home from Campanilla's bell rehersal and she wanted to know my opinion about the music she had picked out to play for the SOV choir that she directed and I played in. After I gave her my thoughts (which were pretty positive ones) she said smiling that she never actually listens to me because she could always tell by my face what I really thought! Silly me. Why even bother, huh. It was then that I truly realized how close Cristy and I had become.

    I could talk to her about anything and about nothing with ease. We connected through music, like I am sure many others have connected with her. She was the first person I had ever met that shared my passion for ringing handbells. We were both so excited to find ways to challenge ourselves and to have fun playing handbells.

    I will miss her watching her ring and direct bells at the same time!! It always amazed me that she could do that and do it with grace. And count out loud and mouth the measures with reckless abandon! There will never be another friend so dear to me as Cristy was.

    -Lori Jamison

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only found out tonight when I was getting on line to make an appointment. Dr. Iverson was my Bootsie's (cat) doctor. Bootsie had 3 surgeries for growths on her leg. They were not malignant. The fourth one started growing but her kidneys could not take another surgery so it has been left to grow. Every time Dr. Iverson was very professional and compassionate. Bootsie was not too fond of the vetrinarian's office but Dr Iverson was wonderful with her and with me. I was and Bootsie was blessed to have her in our lives. I will miss her. My prayers go with you in your time of loss and the superb love you showed.

    ReplyDelete