Purpose:

I would love for my Mom's friends and family to contribute some of their stories or memories of my mom. I want to eventually turn this blog into a book for her grandkids, so they too will have something to remember her by. If you have something you would like to share, please email it to me at tieman03@gmail.com and I will add it to her stories page. My family and I appreciate everyones support, prayers, and love during this very difficult time.

I would just like to let everyone know that this blog will be here forever. If you think of a story or memory of my mom a year from now, or even two or three, please feel free to share.

Mom's Slideshow

Saturday, April 4, 2009

From Mary Hindal

Dear L. J. Like you and so many of us we are still in shock over your Mom's passing...She was a lovely lady and what a great Role Model she was for you and for many of us..I was blessed to have sung in the SOV choir with her for years..In fact I started during the Norman Summer era before you were born! I remember your 1st choir rehearsal at only 1 week old! One of my favorite SOV memories is your 1st Christmas Eve..Your Mom stashed you in your carrier under the harpsichord!!!!!! You slept thru the 9pm service without a peep or a sitr!!!!!!! When it came time to sing Silent Night there wasn't a dry eye in the choir loft..Even Norman Summer shed a few tears at the beautiful baby asleep under the harpsichord!!!! Your Mom cried when you grew out of that carrier you were so portable in that thing!!!! When we did the 2nd Sound of Music, I remember your Mom's flawless performance of Climb Every Mountain at our last dress rehearsal...We were all choked up & Dr. Francis lept up on stage to give your Mom a hug & and a kiss on the cheek!!!
Mary Hindal

1 comment:

  1. Your mom was an inspiration to us all. The Festival choir will surely miss her. She kept us all on track. I could always go to Cristy whenever I needed advise on any of our dogs. She was very devoted to SOV,choir and bells. She had a beautiful voice. My prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.
    Nancy Wirtanen

    ReplyDelete