Purpose:

I would love for my Mom's friends and family to contribute some of their stories or memories of my mom. I want to eventually turn this blog into a book for her grandkids, so they too will have something to remember her by. If you have something you would like to share, please email it to me at tieman03@gmail.com and I will add it to her stories page. My family and I appreciate everyones support, prayers, and love during this very difficult time.

I would just like to let everyone know that this blog will be here forever. If you think of a story or memory of my mom a year from now, or even two or three, please feel free to share.

Mom's Slideshow

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Saying Good-Bye

I went to say good-bye to my mom today. She looked absolutely beautiful, even better than I could have expected! But because I am some what of a chicken, I asked my mother in law, Keri, to see her first. She came back with a smile on her face and said she was so beautiful. My Mom had her hair parted to the side with some berry color lipstick on her lips, complete with a little smile. The mortuary had placed a beautiful quilt to cover her. She looked so peaceful laying there. I am so happy I did this and I know I will NEVER regret seeing her. For the first time since her death, I was comforted just by the sight of her. I kissed her forehead, played with her hair, gave her lots of hugs, and held her hand for as long as I could. I didn't want to let go. I never wanted to leave her.

I know that right now I have all the love, support, and prayers in the world, but at the same time I've never felt so alone without my mom. For the longest time it was just my mom and me. We relied on each other for everything. As I got older I saw her once a week, and talked to her almost every-other day. I loved talking to my mom. The knowledge she had stored in that brain of hers absolutely amazed me. I was always so comforted by her, even if she didn't say anything, just being in her presence was enough for me. There will always be a big part of me missing.

Cody too said good bye to his beloved Mimi and told her he loved her. He cried for her again when we got home so I took him outside, laid on the trampoline and we stared up at the sky together. I told him anytime he wanted to talk to Mimi to look to the Heavens because Mimi will always be there and will always be listening and watching over him. He asked me if Mimi was an Angel now that she's in Heaven, and I told him "Yes, Mimi will always be your angel and she loves you very much"

I found this picture of my mom and me that was taken in April of 1987. I feel like I can actually see how much she loved me just by the expression on her face...I love this picture.

6 comments:

  1. This is a great picture, Linz. And you are right, it's a true vision of her love for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great picture! i wish i would have been able to know her better

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey~
    I wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. Eric and I enjoyed your Mom so much! We saw her not too long ago performing in the bell choir out in Avondale. Your Mom was a great comfort to me when my Dad passed away. Matter of fact she gave me a beautiful candle holder and told me that every time I think of my Dad and begin to miss Him, to light up the candle. The morning of the 1st before I had heard about your Mom, I was looking at that candle holder and thinking of Christy. I know she is with the Lord...and I hear Heaven has a great bell choir!!

    The old neighbors from across the street,
    Eric and Nancy Scott
    And Kids

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can absolutely see how much she loves you in that expression! I think she must be part of the reason you are such a good mom. I'm glad you got to see her. I'm thinking about you and praying for you every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsey what a great picture of you and your mom. I worked with your mom at Cortez animal Hospital for 8 years as the groomer. Your mom was a very giving lady and I will miss her dearly. My prayers are with you and I know your mother is in a better place. Thanks for creating this beautiful blog and allowing me to be informed. I didnt know when the funeral will be....

    Thanks,
    Tammy Gallegos AKA dog groomer

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Lindsey & Family -

    My deepest sympathy on the loss of your Mom.

    I enjoyed reading the blogs and seeing the pictures of your Mom. I'm especially glad that you included the one from April 1987, as that was the time period that I knew your Mom. I worked with her at Cortez Animal Hospital. I clearly remember you, as in that picture, when your Mom would bring you into work at times. Looking at that picture makes it seem like just yesterday.

    She truly loved you and I know you both had a special relationship, especially since it was just the two of you.

    Your Mother was a special person. She was always happy with a smile on her face. She was a kind hearted person with a beautiful soul.

    I was very touched when I read what you told Cody and I know that it is certainly true. Your Mom will always be around you and him. So don't think yourself crazy for "feeling" her. I am sure that on every special occasion and anytime you are feeling low - she will be there with you in spirit.

    I'm so sorry that I won't be able to attend her "Celebration of Life" service. I know it will be a beautiful service and a wonderful tribute to her. You did a wonderful job on this blog site for her, I really enjoyed looking thru it.

    Heaven received a very "special" angel the day your Mom arrived. May God be with you and give you strength.

    Linda Trimble

    ReplyDelete