Purpose:

I would love for my Mom's friends and family to contribute some of their stories or memories of my mom. I want to eventually turn this blog into a book for her grandkids, so they too will have something to remember her by. If you have something you would like to share, please email it to me at tieman03@gmail.com and I will add it to her stories page. My family and I appreciate everyones support, prayers, and love during this very difficult time.

I would just like to let everyone know that this blog will be here forever. If you think of a story or memory of my mom a year from now, or even two or three, please feel free to share.

Mom's Slideshow

Sunday, April 5, 2009

From Chalma Frost

Dear Lindsey Jo:
I am just devastated by your mom's death!! Can't even believe it's true. I have great memories of your mom dating back to 1964 when I first came to SOV. She was in high school and was singing in the Sr.choir, sitting beside your grandmother. She also sang in the high school choir and of course at the high school too. What a bright lady, and what a good sense of humor she had. I love the photo on the left.....it looks JUST like her.She sang in the women's ensemble and she and I were the "lead" 2nd sopranos. If the anthem did not require organ accompaniment I stood by her and we belted out the 2nd soprano part. She was so talented, yet so humble.
Of course she took care of our critters--first the mini dachshunds, then later the terri-poos. She was as kind to our pets as she was with people. I never worried about what she proposed as treatment--I trusted her judgement,that she knew exactly what to do.
We loved to find music that was written for bells and organ. What a thrill to play that music. We both loved it as of course did the congregation. It was such a delight and privilege to have worked with her and enjoy her for so many years.
Any emails that she sent me were filled with Christian hope. Read the one called THIS IS AWESOME. I received it on Mar. 28. I will save it and re-read it often........it really conveys her belief in God and her love of God. At my retirement luncheon (after 40 years at SOV) she spoke of me and said that I had been her mentor.......I now see it the other way.......that she had been my mentor. She never said an unkind word about anyone......she was a true Christian and model for us.
She will be truly missed---I considered her a dear friend.Peace and love to you and all the family.........Chalma

No comments:

Post a Comment