Purpose:

I would love for my Mom's friends and family to contribute some of their stories or memories of my mom. I want to eventually turn this blog into a book for her grandkids, so they too will have something to remember her by. If you have something you would like to share, please email it to me at tieman03@gmail.com and I will add it to her stories page. My family and I appreciate everyones support, prayers, and love during this very difficult time.

I would just like to let everyone know that this blog will be here forever. If you think of a story or memory of my mom a year from now, or even two or three, please feel free to share.

Mom's Slideshow

Saturday, April 4, 2009

From Rusty & Teresa Cleland

Lindsey,I don't know you but I've seen you at church several times. Your mom was the director of the bell choir and my husband and I both enjoyed her very much. She was a gifted individual. Not only with her musical abilites, but the gift of patience. She herself was such a wonderful bell ringer, yet she had the patience of Job with us! My, how we would try that patience!
Many times she would tell stories about Cody. She loved being his Mimi.
I, myself have lost a parent and just recently my father-in-law. Both went quite differently. My father lingered with cancer and my father-in-law was taken quite suddenly. Too suddenly. My observation was this: When our loved one suffers, we get our opportunity to say our goodbyes and put things into perspective. But at what cost? Their suffering. When they get taken from us suddenly we are the ones that suffer. At some point, not today, you will look back and be so thankful that your mom did not have to suffer. Wait for that day...it will come.When my father passed away, there was a period of 5 days before his service. I spent many hours every day sitting with him and holding his hand and talking to him. I knew that those 5 days were my last opportunity to see him on this side of Heaven.
Be with your mom if that's what helps you. You'll never be sorry that you did. May God comfort you during this time. You are doing a wonderful job honoring your mother and we are watching saying "Cristy would be so proud!" God bless you during this time, Lindsey.
Rusty & Teresa Cleland

1 comment:

  1. Lindsey,
    We had handbell practice last night at SOV just like we do every Monday evening, except this Monday evening was so very different. While rehearsing the songs that we will play for Cristy on Saturday I heard them like I had never heard them before. I could hear her "singing" our count to us, I could see her with her blue garden gloves on (for whatever reason, she decided she like those for her handbell gloves). The songs that we were playing are her favorites...they've taken on a new meaning for all of us now.

    We missed her so much last night.

    Teresa Cleland

    ReplyDelete