Purpose:

I would love for my Mom's friends and family to contribute some of their stories or memories of my mom. I want to eventually turn this blog into a book for her grandkids, so they too will have something to remember her by. If you have something you would like to share, please email it to me at tieman03@gmail.com and I will add it to her stories page. My family and I appreciate everyones support, prayers, and love during this very difficult time.

I would just like to let everyone know that this blog will be here forever. If you think of a story or memory of my mom a year from now, or even two or three, please feel free to share.

Mom's Slideshow

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

From Leslie Cabrera

Hello,
I just saw on the Alta Vista website that Dr. Iverson has passed away, and I just wanted say a little something about her. I didn't know her very well, or for very long-- only for three months as a volunteer technician assistant at Alta Vista, but I will tell you that she often came to mind when I thought about my veterinary school aspirations. Going into Alta Vista for experience, I knew I had always wanted to be a veterinarian, but I hadn't had many personal interactions with veterinarians in the work environment. Dr. Iverson showed me the greatest kindness, was patient with all my million and one questions, and taking notice in my enthusiasm, always made a point to find me and tell me what new procedure she was doing so I could go and watch her. She was amazing to watch--and I remember specifically thanking her after a procedure because I had just been so inspired. I have to say, she was one of the sweetest ladies, and is a model for the type of veterinarian I would like to be. Her friendly face still comes first in mind when I think of my many positive experiences at Alta Vista.

With kind regards,
Leslie Cabrera

No comments:

Post a Comment