Purpose:

I would love for my Mom's friends and family to contribute some of their stories or memories of my mom. I want to eventually turn this blog into a book for her grandkids, so they too will have something to remember her by. If you have something you would like to share, please email it to me at tieman03@gmail.com and I will add it to her stories page. My family and I appreciate everyones support, prayers, and love during this very difficult time.

I would just like to let everyone know that this blog will be here forever. If you think of a story or memory of my mom a year from now, or even two or three, please feel free to share.

Mom's Slideshow

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Thoughts From Lori Jamison

Today was the memorial service for Cristy. I have to tell you that it felt so strange to be up in the balcany with bells in hand and not have her be there. Honestly, my heart broke all over again. How do you continue on knowing that things will never be the same again? I suppose that is the question we all have when we loose someone that we love.
Personally, I will miss meeting her on Sunday afternoons at her house so that we could ride to rehearsal together. I will miss talking and sharing with her as we drove to and from rehearsal. When we had had a difficult rehearsal and we were both exhausted, it was comforting to be with her.
We could talk about the music and the aches that sometimes come when rehearsals were longer than normal. Her new truck had a feature (one that I would have gladly paid for myself had she not had it) that would warm up your back and seat. I used that every single time we rode together, even in the heat, but especially coming home from a night at Desert Botanical Gardens. It got to be a little joke between us about having the "hot seats" to look forward to.It seems silly, me talking about car seats on this... I wish that she could be with us again.
It would be nice to drive up to her house and to see her walk out getting ready to drive us to rehearsal like nothing had ever happened as tragic and as sad as her untimely death.Maybe that is something I need to do anyway to honor our time together and to help me to heal. Cristy, you will be dearly missed. I love you. Thanks for all the beautiful music you brought into my life and for the compaionionship we shared.
Lori Jamison

No comments:

Post a Comment