Purpose:

I would love for my Mom's friends and family to contribute some of their stories or memories of my mom. I want to eventually turn this blog into a book for her grandkids, so they too will have something to remember her by. If you have something you would like to share, please email it to me at tieman03@gmail.com and I will add it to her stories page. My family and I appreciate everyones support, prayers, and love during this very difficult time.

I would just like to let everyone know that this blog will be here forever. If you think of a story or memory of my mom a year from now, or even two or three, please feel free to share.

Mom's Slideshow

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

Thank you to everyone that attended my moms beautiful service yesterday, and thank you to those that were with us in spirit as well. Thank you to everyone that rang bells, and the choir for such beautiful music. Beautiful Savior is a traditional song for our family to have at a service like my moms. And my mom sang the Lords Prayer at mine and Gregory's wedding. I could still hear her singing along. Eagles Wings is one of my favorite songs, and I loved the Ringers Salute. I don't know if I have ever heard that before, but it was such a fitting tribute. I'm sure my mom loved the service as much as I did, considering what we were all there for.
When I was sitting there staring at her picture, and her smiling back at me, the only thing I could think was, "This can't be real! I can't be sitting here for the reason that my mom is no longer here. There is NO way she can really be gone!" I don't know if this will ever sink in?


I don't know if this rude of me to ask, but honestly I don't know what else to do about it....Does anyone know if my mom had a will? I know she told me she made one before she went to Austrailia a couple years ago, but did she tell me where it was? no. I don't know what to do...

1 comment:

  1. Playing bells yesterday was hard through the tears from all of us but we happily played her favorite songs - they were truely that and hand-picked. The other favorite was Green Blade and we played it "LOUDIOSO" (her term for playing as loud as you can!!) this morning for the Easter Service to a round of applause during Offeratory! It was for her - spontaneous clapping in church just never happened before and moved us all. Unfortunately, we have had to play for two funerals in 3 months and I don't want to do it anymore!!! She will always be directing us no matter who is at the helm.....Thanks for Omaldo for stepping in and despite our differences of the years, I will miss her! The bells will never be silent at SOV and I have committed to returning with the groups patience for my schedule. You know I will never speak for Ali but know that she wouldn't have missed this and may step up even though she is going to be "on her own" soon. She said that she "just had to play for Cristy some more". Let's hope the superstition of "coming in 3's" doesn't hit our little group but if it is me - my group better play Eagles Wings and Green Blade one more time! Greg - I will be in touch for the "Marine" help once my son gets discharged and begins the "game" of disability payments. We will be bonded forever because of Cristy and hope to see you in our lives in the future. We love to camp too and know that Joanne and Dan will contact us when that is being scheduled. Love, Leslie Miller

    ReplyDelete