Purpose:

I would love for my Mom's friends and family to contribute some of their stories or memories of my mom. I want to eventually turn this blog into a book for her grandkids, so they too will have something to remember her by. If you have something you would like to share, please email it to me at tieman03@gmail.com and I will add it to her stories page. My family and I appreciate everyones support, prayers, and love during this very difficult time.

I would just like to let everyone know that this blog will be here forever. If you think of a story or memory of my mom a year from now, or even two or three, please feel free to share.

Mom's Slideshow

Monday, April 27, 2009

It's Official: I'm Crazy!!!

Obviously I have been having a really hard time this past month, without a doubt the hardest thing I have ever been through in my life. But now it's official: I'm absolutely 100% crazy! I talk to my mom everyday and she is starting to answer me. Not in the way that most people would think though. When I went to say good-bye to Mom at the mortuary, she had this very different, very distinct smell to her. Something I have never smelled in my life. So far, I have smelled that same smell on her 3 times now. Twice in my own home, and one time at her house, but it's very brief. Just enough to let me know she is still here, which I appreciate very much. That's just one thing.

Another thing: I have the hardest time sleeping now. I can lay there forever and not fall a sleep, I wake up in the middle of the night all the time. But as long as I talk to my mom before I go to bed, I sleep like I'm under some sort of spell. She helps me sleep all through the night.

And now, the major thing.

This morning I get a call. I was still in bed, so I didn't get up to answer it. When I finally checked my phone, all it said was 10...It said no name and cell phone with the number 10!!!! No message. I tried calling it back, and it said 'the number you are trying to call cannot be reached, please hang up and try again'. Ok, the thing is, is that my mom's birthday was/is November 10. Cody's bday is May 10. Mine and Greg's anniversary is August 10. My sister in laws birthday ( who my mom loved by the way) is February 10. My mom always said that 10 was a great number for our family. Seriously, any number in the world could have been on my caller ID this morning, but it was 10! I tried calling the phone company and they can't trace it because they don't have any record of it even coming in. Crazy right!!!

Let's just say I know exactly why she did this.

I don't know how clear this picture is, but I think it's pretty cool.
(You can click on the picture to enlarge)

1 comment:

  1. WOW! The 10 thing is amazing and I am a believer.....10 is also my family number - what a coincidence! That is really wonderful and hold on to every smell, feeling and wierd thing - Cristy will communicate with you forever just like she will with all her friends in ways we have yet to learn. I think of her (and all of you) often and visit this blog often too......I still can't figure out how to post these without sticking anonymous on it but it is Leslie Miller from Jubilate Bells

    ReplyDelete